Thursday, August 6, 2009

No strings attatched!


I just have to say that I feel so free... I want to jump up and down and shout for joy... WOW, that sounds a little dramatic, but I am a happy mother today and so comforted that Dawson is no longer attached to anything. Tuesday, they did a blood culture to make sure that nothing was still growing and the results came back negative. YAY!

Today he had his picc line removed and it is so wonderful to hold my baby without any cords hanging off him. I want to thank everyone that kept us in their thoughts and prayers over the last 2 1/2 weeks. I think they were the longest weeks of my life. I believe in the power of prayer and know that prayers are answered. I hope that Dawson can continue to be healthy and happy. We love him so much and admire the little guy for enduring all of this. Although I still have 15 lbs. to loose, I definitely feel 15 lbs lighter knowing that we are done with this chapter in our lives and that there are no strings attached!

3 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

Oh Lins, I am so happy for you! A sick baby breaks your heart. Thank goodness he is better now!

Kristen said...

Congrats and I'm so glad he is doing well.

The McCulloughs said...

Congrats!! I am sooo glad for you and your little guy! Tag was a preemie and he had to have a heart monitor for a couple months and I was sooooo happy when he was a free no strings attached baby! It makes things much easier!