Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snow Canyon Hike

I drove through Snow Canyon with my mom and Michelle last week and it brought back a lot of memories from my childhood. I remember my parents took us on lots of fun outings and camp outs. Then, I thought about my own family and kids and it seems like all we do is sit in front of modern day technology, whether it be tv, video games, or the computer. So, one of my goals is to get out and enjoy what we are so fortunate to have in practically our back yard!! Friday, when everyone was home from school and work, I told them to get their tennis shoes, their walking sticks and get into the car. No one new where we were going but me!! It was so much fun to explore and hike. The kids didn't want to leave, they wanted more! Below are some pictures we took while at the Petrified Dunes in Snow Canyon!!











5 comments:

Dion Seneca said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! When I was younger my parents always "made" us go to all of the parks and sites around the area because it is usually the ones that are close by that you neglect to go to. I need to take my kids there. Next time you decide to go on a little outing, then give us a call. We would love to join you!

P.S. I'm loving all of your blogging lately!

allyson said...

Love how you took charge. I wish I lived closer to you. You are so much fun!

Stephanie said...

what a cute idea. so simple, yet, so fun. Love the walking sticks. cUTE

randi said...

Wow! I hadn't been on your blog for a little while and you've been a posting maniac! Congrats on the new addition growing in your tum tum! You kids are so adorable. You are going to have to lock Ella up when she turns 16!!!

The McCulloughs said...

We went on this same hike last Spring and my kids loved it! This reminds me that we need to do a little more hiking! Thanks for getting me motivated, I, too, think we all spend way too much time inside, doing who knows what? I agree with Dion, I am loving all your blogging!!